I. WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE FIRM COLLECT?
By inquiring, signing-up, and participating in Firm’s Services, you (the Participant) hereby expressly agree, consent, and authorise the Firm to collect and process the following personal and/or sensitive personal information (‘Information’):
1. Full Name
2. Contact Details (Contact Number and Email address)
3. Employment Details (Company and Designation)
4. Images (Photographs and Video Recordings)
II. WHAT DOES THE FIRM DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
The Participant agrees and understands that we may use the above-mentioned Information to:
1. provide and communicate with you about our Services;
2. fulfil your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications;
3. respond to your inquiries;
4. promote our Services;
5. prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through our Services;
6. perform analysis regarding our Services;
7. serve as reference for the various units of the Firm, should the Information be necessary for the fulfillment of their lawful and legitimate objectives,
8. establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
III. WHY DOES THE FIRM COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect, record, organize, store, update/modify, retrieve, consult, use, or consolidate your Information when you inquire, sign-up, and participate in our Services pursuant to the purposes stated above.
IV. TO WHOM DOES THE FIRM DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
The Information of the Participant may be disclosed to governmental entities and third-party service providers for the following purposes:
1. To carry out lawful business activities;
2. To comply with statutory requirements;
3. For digitization and storage;
4. Data collection and analysis;
5. For the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims the Firms.
When the processing of Information is outsourced by the Firm to a third party, the processing will be subject to written agreements between the Firm and the third parties processing the data, in accordance with the requirements of Relevant Laws. These written agreements specify the rights and obligations of each party and will provide that the third party has adequate security measures in place and will only process the Information of the Participant on the specific written instructions of the Firm.
The Firm may also transfer the Information of the Participant to third parties as required by law or legal instrument, to protect the Firm’s rights or assets, to facilitate acquisition or disposition of the Firm’s businesses, and in emergencies where the health or safety of a person is endangered.
The Firm will not sell, rent, share, trade, or disclose any Information of the Participant to any other party without the prior written consent of the Participant, with the exception of entities within the Firm and any third-party service providers which the Firm has engaged whose services necessarily require the processing of the Information of the Participant.
V. HOW LONG WILL THE FIRM RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
The Participant agrees that the above-mentioned Information will be retained or stored for as long as the purposes for which they are being processed have not been satisfied.
The Firm will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements:
1. Hardcopies of the forms the Participant has submitted, as well as all records that shall be relevant to your participation in the event, may be stored in the offices of the Firm.
2. Forms and documents which contain the Information of the Participant will be digitised and stored on the Firm’s Information management system hosted by the Firm on-site or in the premises of an authorised third-party service provider.
3. The Firm shall ensure, using contractual and other reasonable means, that any contracted third-party service provider implements proper safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Information processed, prevent its use for unauthorised purposes, and comply with the requirements of Relevant Laws for processing of Information, and other issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
VI. HOW DOES THE FIRM PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The Firm has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorised access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
VII. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS THE DATA SUBJECT?
The Participant is aware of his/her rights under the Data Privacy Act, including the following:
1. The right to access his/her Information
2. The right to make corrections to his/her Information
3. The right to object to the processing of his/her Information
4. The right to erasure or blocking of his/her Information
5. The right to be informed of the existence of processing of his/her information
6. The right to damages
7. The right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission
The Participant understands that in case of complaints, concerns, or questions regarding
the processing of his/her Information, he/she may address them to:
Data Protection Officer
Disini & Disini Law Office
Rm 320 Philippine Social Science Centre
Quezon City, 1101, Metro Manila
Contact No. 454 5442